Tuesday, July 27, 2010

How Controversial Can I Be?

Today, I have a grievance to report. The water bottle that I so admirably won at my cottage last weekend, through my hard work at the Marathon, was stolen. My sister borrowed it and it was stolen from her rowing club. A possible culprit: the fat kid with bling. He was seen walking around the area when her rowing was going on so it is quite possible he took it. Which brings me to my next point: the world could do with a few less thieves.

This is where the controversy comes in. I am not advocating the death penalty, but I am advocating for the extermination of a few human beings. Not necessarily criminals, just some humans. Why you might ask? Overpopulation. The Earth cannot support the number of people currently residing it, and we are causing too many drastic impacts on the ecosystems of the world. So I raise the point, is now a good time to lessen the population of humans a slight bit?

Now killing people seems to be a little draconian, albeit effective. I vote for the good old one child, one household policy, despite the backlash it might have in China. Or at least a set of laws that is similar to that. Unfortunately, even that may not work. With the current health care, people are living much longer and my generation is already predicted to live until we are 130. That is a big number, and adds to the already huge problem of overpopulation. If we do not control it now, something is going to go out of whack and quickly.

Me, I would be fine with a random assortment of humans being transported away, or otherwise disappearing, even if that portion included me. I believe that for the Earth to become a better, cleaner place, some measures need to be taken. And I think if some are not taken, a crisis may break out, possibly worse than some amount of humans just disappearing.

Oh, and if you see the fat kid with bling, give him a good old kidney shot from me.

-AFR

No comments:

Post a Comment